Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shop Till You Drop in Bandung

Every year my birthday celebration had been rather usual. The year before I was at Library and last year I was at Zouk. This year rather than spending of unnecessary money in alcohol and partying till dawn, I travelled to Bandung, Indonesia. 

Bandung or The City Of Flower is a small city in Indonesia. Famous for factory outlets where you can get go bargain, Bandung is one of popular destination for local Malaysian and Singaporean. 

I was there for four days, three nights by Air Asia. Reaching airport, I was caught by surprised by the local custom and immigration clearing. With only two counters and two officers, with more than 70 passengers, the clearest took us about a good 45 minutes, the longest I ever spent getting my passport stamped :(

Luckily for us, our driver from the airport was patiently waiting for us. The journey to our hotel was pretty fast as our hotel was quite near to the airport. The only bad thing was the traffic was really really bad and cars, vans, motorbikes just cutting each other lane without proper signal. But I guess that's how the transportation work here.




We are staying here in The Golden Flower Hotel at Jalan Asia African. Oh, I just love my hotel. The room was pretty comfy and amenities were complete with Plasma TV, gym, spa, pool and a large shower head :)




As we reach quite late on the first day, we only managed to go to the famous Atmosphere Cafe at Jalan Lenkong about 20 minutes walk from our hotel. 


Its actually pretty dangerous walking all the way to Atmosphere Cafe as we were not sure where was it. At 9.15pm the street was so quite and dark. After a good 15 minutes walk, we decided to hired a tricycle who refused to leave us alone. For Rp3,000 he cycled us to our destination and waited us outside. 

Atmosphere Cafe is a must visit. I definately recommend this cozy garden restaurant. The atmosphere here is relaxing and there was a local live band with pretty hot dual singers. The food is not bad and the singers were good. It really lighted up my mood.












The best part it it had a beautiful chalet type garden where diners can dine under candle lights surrounding by trees and plants...totally romantic :)



We ordered some food and drinks, the bill came up not more than RM70! I am definitely coming here again  in my next visit ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment